The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) has been established as an autonomous institution by the Government of India, under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology. This is the first institution in India explicitly devoted to research, training, translation & service and capacity-building in biomedical genomics.
It is located in Kalyani, West Bengal, India, about 50 km. from Kolkata. Connected to Kolkata by highways, expressways and railways, it takes about one and one-half hours to reach Kalyani from Kolkata.
The Institute operates from its huge 30-acre campus with academic blocks, student and faculty housing, guest houses, conference centre and other facilities. Laboratories, equipment (including flow-cell sequencers, whole-genome genotyping and gene expression platforms, multiplex suspension array platform, high-end computing platforms,FACS Aria-FUSION etc.), bio-banking facility, state-of-the-art tissue culture facilities and stem cell laboratory, office space and class rooms have been established.
News & Events
• NIBMG Hosted Nobel Laureate Professor Harold E Varmus On November 11, 2018
• NIBMG Participated at The India International Science Festival, Lucknow
• NIBMG Conducted a Campus-Wide Cleanliness Drive As Part Of Swachh Bharat Campaign
• Professor Saumitra Das Joins as The Director Of NIBMG
• Dr. Sreedhar Chinnaswamy Has Been Selected For DBT-Welcome Trust Intermediate Fellowship.
• Dr. Moulinath Acharya Has Been Selected As Member Of The Indian National Young Academy Of Science (INYAS)
• Dr. Analabha Basu, Has Been Elected As 'Fellow Of West Bengal Academy Of Science And Technology'